Review: Etude House Real Art Moisture Cleansing Oil - Hello Lovely Ghost

Sonntag, 5. Februar 2017

Review: Etude House Real Art Moisture Cleansing Oil

 
Cleansing has to be my most favorite step in a skincare routine. I barely ever forget to double cleanse, only if I'm super tired and a walking zombie I might be too lazy to cleanse my face twice. But I'm already so used to it that I automatically reach to an oil cleanser and a 2nd cleanser (usually a foam cleanser) afterwards. Because of that I'm always on the look out for new interesting products to try especially because I have not found my holy grail cleanser yet. But maybe this might be it! I haven't tried many cleansing oils but I've been very pleased with the Etude House Oil Cleanser so read further if you want to know more about it!
Where can you get it?
You can get it at several places and stores, besides the official Etude House online store.
I recommend checking out TesterKorea, Jolse, RoseRoseShop, ebay or other pages.

Price: 11- 22 $

Volume: 6.25 fl. oz. / 185 ml
Packaging:
The cleansing oil comes in a quite sturdy yellow bottle. It comes with a screw cap on and the pump has to be screwed on seperately. There's also a plastic thing between the pump and the bottle so it can't get pressed down seperately. That way it's safe for travelling! 

Ingredients: 
Pentaerythrityltetraisostearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PEG-8 ISOSTEARATE, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearic Acid, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Squalane, Nelumbo Nucifera Germ Extract, Sesamum indicum Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Pinus Koraiensis Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Fragrance, hydrogenated poly(c6-14 olefin)
Eyeliners used: Essence Eyeliner Pen Waterproof, Catrice Calligraph Ultra Slim Eyeliner Pen Waterproof
Performance:
Now we get on to the most important part. How does the cleansing oil perform?
It's really easy to get the righ amount of oil you need. I usually only need to pump once to remove my makeup, seldom twice if I wear heavy eye makeup. I massage the oil onto my skin for a few minutes and then lather it up with water. That way it creates a nice subtle white foam. Once completely washed off I've never felt there was a residue left behind, my skin felt soft and moisturized and not dried out or oily. The oil doesn't clog my pores, nor breaks me out. It also didn't irritate my skin. My eyes never got irritated when something got into them while washing off my makeup, rather my vision was blurred for a few seconds but quickly subsided. Just wash it off with water and you should be safe! 
I only use waterproof mascara and eyeliner as my eyes tend to tear up and the products get easily cleansed off my face once I use the cleanser. It might happen though that there is a barely visible stain left behind, but you only have to use a little bit more oil then. The oil isn't strong enough to remove heavy eye makeup at the first try most of the time which is a downside to this cleanser, which is why I'm trying to find an even better one!

Scent:
The cleansing oil doesn't have a very strong scent, it's rather mild and barely noticable. It smells slightly citrucy but it won't stay on your skin. If you're very sensitive to smells this might be a good first cleanser to try!
Overall Rating: 4/5 
So far this has to be the best one I've tried so far and it has potential to reach holy grail status for me as it's not heavily scents, quite cheap, lasts for quite a long time and is easy to get. It's also perfect for my very dry skin! The only downside is that it might not remove my eye makeup perfectly and I have to use a little bit more oil which is why it hasn't gotten the full rating. 
I know there are also some negative reviews on this oil cleanser so be sure to check them out before you  decide to purchase this item. It always depends on your skin type in the end.


I've also created a product cheat sheet! You can get the most important information on it and save it on your phone or somewhere so you can quickly check it out whenever you need it! I do intend on making more of these, for other product reviews (except sheet masks probably) so please tell me what you think of them!


Have you already tried this cleansing oil or maybe another version of the same line? If not, what's your favorite oil cleanser? I'd love to know, please share your favorites in the comments. :)

Keine Kommentare: